The ReWalk Personal 6.0 is truly a game-changer for people with a spinal cord injury!
This device allows you to take the next step and interact with people at eye-level. Imagine being able to walk again...
The improvements to self-esteem, bowel and bladder function, muscle spasticity and pain management are a few of the transformative benefits.
ReWalk is a wearable robotic exoskeleton that provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI) to stand upright, walk, turn, and climb and descend stairs. The system provides user-initiated mobility through the integration of a wearable brace support, a computer-based control system and motion sensors.
The system allows independent, controlled walking while mimicking the natural gait patterns of the legs.
The ReWalk technology is designed for all-day use at home, at work, and in the community. It is the most used and most studied exoskeleton system of its kind via clinical studies and extensive laboratory testing.
Before using the device, confirm that the following prerequisites are met by the user:
- Hands and shoulders can support crutches or a walker
- Healthy bone density
- Skeleton does not suffer from any fractures
- Able to stand using a device such as EasyStand
- In general good health
- Height is between 160 cm and 190 cm (5′ 3″ – 6′ 2″)
- Weight does not exceed 100 kg (220 lbs)
People with the following conditions should not use the ReWalk™:
- History of severe neurological injuries other than SCI (MS, CP, ALS, TBI etc)
- Severe concurrent medical diseases: infections, circulatory, heart or lung, pressure sores
- Severe spasticity (Ashworth 4)
- Unstable spine or unhealed limbs or pelvic fractures
- Heterotopic ossification
- Significant contractures
- Psychiatric or cognitive situations that may interfere with proper operation of the device